Menu
Highlighted
Skidz69
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Phone numbers keep changing

When ever my I phone x goes out of mobile signal and i return to an area where my mobile signal returns all my contact numbers have spaces every 2 numbers. ie. 07779605917 becomes 07 77 96 05 91 7. This also affects my messages as well as all my messages show this odd number configuration and not the name of contact. All this means that every other day i have to go into the settings and change the region to somewhere different and then back to the uk region. Getting a bit of a drag now and getting fed up with it. I’ve also tried turning of dial assist as well and that doesn’t as well. Need some help as I’m close to paying off contract and moving elsewhere. Many thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone numbers keep changing

Go to:

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National.

Now make sure your numbers are set to the correct format. If not change region to anything other than UK (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) and then change back to UK region

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos