cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working overseas

Morrile
Up to speed

Hello,

When I transferred my number from Three using the phone abroad was switched on. I am now in Spain and cannot connect to any mobile network, most inconvenient! Does it auto switch off when not used?

I have gone into my account and switched Going Abroad Off and back On, yet could someone confirm when it should be working as I need the phone to receive my test certificate for boarding the plane and customs. 

Kind regards,

Morrile

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don't know if this helps  Look in particular at the SIM roaming settings 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Roaming-Tips-for-using-your-Virgin-Mobile-whilst-...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don't know if this helps  Look in particular at the SIM roaming settings 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Roaming-Tips-for-using-your-Virgin-Mobile-whilst-...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello Enlli,

Yes thanks, manually setting international worked, very much appreciated 😁

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Morile. 

Thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your phone overseas, I'm glad to see that @enlli was able to assist in getting this resolved. 

If you have any further issues, please just pop another post on this thread and we'll happily advise. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide