cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working internationally no way of contacting virgin

latham92
Joining in

heya

i landed in italy a few days ago, phone hasnt connect to any networks since. 

i have checked app and checked i have data roaming allowance and its turned on.

I have also where possible checked APN settings.

im unable to text to get the correct settings... as i have no signal! 

im unabl to call 150 as im abroad and phone not working. 

have tried manually selecting local networks, still no signal! 

no live chat, what the hell am i supposed to do? i only have acces to wifi when in my appartment. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Providing roaming is turned in in your account and International Call Baring turned off.....then

Find SIM Toolkit  somewhere in your menu  I think Connections on iOS (Some Andriod call it Virgin) 

Select Roaming and change it from Automatic to International

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Providing roaming is turned in in your account and International Call Baring turned off.....then

Find SIM Toolkit  somewhere in your menu  I think Connections on iOS (Some Andriod call it Virgin) 

Select Roaming and change it from Automatic to International

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @latham92,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues accessing your network while abroad. We understand that this can be very frustrating.

Have you been able to take a look at our Using Virgin Mobile Abroad page to see if this can help with your settings at all? 

You can also take a look at our Roaming Costs in Italy page for more information about the Roaming charges. If you have a spending cap in place, your Mobile may not connect to a network automatically as the roaming charges may take you above your spending cap.

Please take a look at what our VIP @enlli suggested and see if this can help. Let us know how you get on and if you need any further help or support.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Omg it worked!

for others on iPhone. 

settings

Mobile data

SIM applications

roaming 

automatic

Boom done