Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone delayed

Hello,

I ordered my iPhone 12 pro earlier this week and it should be coming tomorrow as it does say estimated on 24th October 2020 between 7am and 9pm, but yesterday I received an email saying the following, it’s annoying to think I have to wait another 12 bloody days. Kind regards and thanks.

Hi,
We know you’ll be itching to get your hands on your shiny new Apple IPhone 12, so we’re working on getting it to you as soon as we can.
Unfortunately, this is going to take a little longer than we’d hoped, but we’re doing everything we can to deliver it within the next 12 days.
Sorry to leave you hanging – we’re sure it’ll be worth the wait. Until then have a little shopping spree on us with a £25 voucher – our friends at Edenred will send it to you soon via email along with info on how to claim the voucher. And we’ll keep you updated on your order, so look out for the all-important email saying your phone’s on its way!
Speak soon.
The Virgin Media team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone delayed

Hey, they've given you 25 quid for an issue that was probably beyond their control.. be grateful you got that, I requested a SIM that would physically fit my phone months back, which wasn't sent, I had to buy a sim cutter & fix the issue myself.. & now they're going to stop my service if I don't put the SIM they didn't send into my phone.

Count your blessings, you have a shiny new phone coming, even if delayed a little, they haven't stolen it, or cut you off. I remember when "Allow 28 days for delivery" was typical for almost everything & you used to heare nothing.. seems like they're at least trying & keeping you informed.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bit of a joke tho pay £80 a month for a phone and it won’t come on the day, plus it’s not to great never heard of Edenred before like I’m sure a lot of people haven’t, searched it up and it’s a load of rubbish doesn’t compensate for it atall 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

"Bit of a joke" well, if there's one thing I find amusing, it's assuming that Apple are any less likely to blame than Virgin..

Don't get me wrong, I've plenty of issues with VM, but experience tells me Apple are at least as bad, & who knows what various shipping companies are like in these troubled times with regards to international travel & shipping from China where Apple's products are mostly made?

Might make more sense to blame Covid than VM for a short delay.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I got the same issue, ordered on 21st Octo delivery was meant to be on 14th Nov and yesterday they say its going to be delayed upto 14 days and I will get £25.

Did you manage to get your device? Also, did you get the £25 voucher?

0 Kudos