cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call no sound

vcarrabin
Joining in

I have an intermittent problem when receiving calls on my mobile. I can hear the caller but they can't hear me. Often they hang up and call back and this fixes the problem. I also try restarting my handset but the problem still recurs.

I use a galaxy A10 handset but also tried the SIM in an iPhone 5s and got the same problem.

It has happened in different locations and at with different callers.  It is not a signal issue as the call connects fine but there is absolutely no sound at all from the start of the call.

It's having an affect now I'm working from home and I am missing work calls. Help please.

78 REPLIES 78

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Please could you try an manual network search and let me know if that works? 

Could you also provide me with a local post code (a shop etc) so that I can take a look over the masts in the local area. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi

I have disabled wifi calling but that didnt work. I called customer services who advised I would need to switch off wifi every time I receive a call as it must be interfering with incoming calls, which is ridiculous to expect. The other solution was to cancel my contract within 14 days before I become tied in and this problem remains unsolved (as in other peoples cases) 

I am in the BB1 area, and I understand Virgin uses the Vodafone network which was the network i have switched from (and never had issues with). 

Sorry but I dont know what a manual network search entails? 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry @Rehana06 

That last response was meant for @WC14

Are you still a customer of our or did you decide to leave? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Ok so I did a manual network search, selected Virgin and text one of my contact to call me. They said the dial tone sounded strange and they couldnt hear anything when I answered. As before, I could hear them fine. 

Reading about this issue I'm beginning to think there might have been a problem with the porting process when I joined Virgin. 

Sorry didnt realise that it wasnt meant for me, it didnt work in any case 

I've requested a pac code but I havent used it yet as I was going to look around for a sim only deal first.

If the issue is resolved in the next day or so I'd be happy to stay with Virgin. 

Hi Rehana06,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you cannot hear callers, can you try and turn off WIFI calling off or even WIFI itseld while you make a terst call?

Regards

Paul. 

Hello Zac_M

Still using Virgin mobile, going to give it a chance to sort things out, but if nothing happens I'll have no choice.

The issue occurs anywhere from North London, to Somerset, Dorset and Gloucestershire, its not localised issue. Signal wise it can occur with ful signal, or a single bar, similarly somtimes the fault does not occur and I have normal usage with a single bar of signal.

I'll try to switch automatic selection off, persumably manual will make it default to Virgin mobile?

Hi WC14,

Thanks for coming back to us, please let us know how you get on once you have set your phone to Automatic connection.

Regards

Paul.

barry1106
Tuning in

Hello - I am having same problem, switched to Virgin from Vodafone about 4 weeks again and callers could not hear me but I could hear callers, when I called back then everything was OK.  I have a phone which allows a dual sim so after a week of frustration I moved the sim card to the other slot and everything was fine for 2 or 3 weeks.  This morning the problem came back.   I have called Virgin and they are sending me a new sim card, in the meantime I have switched the sim back to the original slot and it is now working again.

Frustrating and does not inspire confidence in Virgin product.

Hopefully the replacement sim will solve the problem.

Having the network selection set at automatic or manual makes no difference.

I have eliminated the handset, as the handset works fine with a different Virgin Media SIM card.  It is network related, not handset or SIM related..

Paul.