Menu
Beautifuljools
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone broke how to retreive contacts saved on it?

I have a very old Samsung galaxy which has finally  failed total black screen. All my phone contacts were saved to it, and not backed up  to my knowledge. 

Is there away to get the contacts back and all old text messages? Sim is now in a different phone but not the contacts or old texts. Any hope for me?

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone broke how to retreive contacts saved on it?

Depends on the value of the information, because you'll have to spend money.  You might be able to buy and use a five to ten quid micro USB OTG adaptor to replicate the screen on your TV, although this assumes the phone will boot.  Also, control will be difficult/impossible if the digitiser is broken (that's the screen layer that interprets touch commands).  Might be worth trying that first of all as a cheap try, and putting in a micro SD card to copy the data from the broken phone.

Failing that, ask around to find out which of the local market stall phone furklers are any good.  Some are near genius level with mobile devices, some are utter bunglers.  If you can find one that's good, take it to them and ask how cheaply they can either get all the data off of it, or how cheaply they can restore it to the semblance of working order.  If its an old phone, they can probably get the bits secondhand, and I'd guess you're looking at thirty-forty quid for a "make it work, doesn't need to last" repair.  Before handing your phone over to somebody else, is there any data on it that you might regret them having access to - pics, messages, log in details, etc

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beautifuljools
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone broke how to retreive contacts saved on it?

Thats all very good advice and some solid steps for where to start. Thanks.

0 Kudos