Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone Now Disconnected Due To Needing New Sim, But Yet Told Not Needed By Staff!!!

Hoping someone at Virgin can PLEASE help!!

My Virgin Mobile phone was disconnected a few days ago and I'm so angry due to being given conflicting information from Virgin Mobile customer support.

I received a text message last week telling me that I needed to swap out my old sim card for a new 'Purple' one and that my old sim wasn't supported by the network and if this sim swap wasn't done soon my phone would stop working. I called Virgin Mobile and they told me to ignore the texts as due to the pandemic Virgin wern't sending new sims cards out and thay my phone wouldn't be cut off.

Low and behold 2 days later my phone was cut off and I've been unable to get thorugh to Virgin Mobile as I'm constantly told (regardless of what telephone number I ring) that due to the pandemic their call centres are closed!

So I'm no paying for a phone I haven't been able to use for the past 4 days and I have no way of contacting anyone to help me with this as Virgin Media's Customer Support people tell me they are unable to deal with Virgin Mobile issues!!

At no time have I ever received a new sim card in the post and if I knew how to cancel this Virgin Mobile contract I would!!

Can anyone at Virgin help me please, I've tried so many different ways to get hold of someone but nobody is able to help!!

The irony is if I use the online 'Sim Swap page' https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/nonLoginMigration?execution=e7s1 and enter my mobile number it tells me that I don't need to swap my sim card!!

HELP!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Now Disconnected Due To Needing New Sim, But Yet Told Not Needed By Staff!!!

Sorry to hear about your SIM not working garyarnott and I'd like to take a look for you. I'll send you a Private Message so I can get the correct details. Please reply back to it 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Now Disconnected Due To Needing New Sim, But Yet Told Not Needed By Staff!!!

I have the same problem not yet disconnected but will do soon

0 Kudos