Menu
timbo42
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone 'Help' Service Not working properly

Warning: Useless telephone help/customer service system

My Virgin Mobile suddenly stopped getting texts, so I rang the 789 help number. The automated system takes you through a few options then you suddenly get asked to 'press 1 and we will text you a link to that page'. This comes out of nowhere as I hadn't even had a chance to specify the problem I was having. And there is no way out of this - you either press 1 and it sends you a text (not that I could get it!) and hangs up, or it hangs up anyway!

And I got this message from a couple of different routes! Utterly useless. I've now fixed my problem - no thanks to Virgin - but I'm complaining here as there seems no other way of talking to Virgin. Perhaps if this is monitored someone could check the system.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone 'Help' Service Not working properly

Hi timbo42

Thanks for posting, My apologies for the delayed reply and the automated system issue. 

I'll pass this on now to the relevant team. 

What were you calling us about please? Is there anything we can assist with?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
timbo42
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My problem was that my phone suddenly stopped receiving texts (though calls were getting through). I did a web search and took the SIM card out and wiped the contacts, and this seemed to fix the problem- though this is slightly odd as the SIM card is one of your brand new ones.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us and apologies for the service issues. 

I am glad all is fixed though. Is there any further assistance you need today?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
timbo42
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not at the moment thanks....but you need to get your phone assistance sorted. Yes, Covid-19 is around, but its been 5 months now.
0 Kudos