Menu
waltho007
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone Freeze message

Having tried to replace SIM as requested by Virgin, my Samsung GT-C3630 now has a message stating " phone freeze SIM unavailable Please contact service provider" After hours of calls and a replacement SIM, I cannot access my phone. Any help?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone Freeze message

Bad news

Is your Samsung phone displaying a “Phone freeze” message when you are trying to input an Unlock code?

This means that the incorrect unlock code has been inputted too many times, resulting in a “Phone freeze”  otherwise known as being bricked.

In this case scenario you will require a defreeze code (MCK code)  to solve your phone freeze message.  If your Samsung phone is phone freeze, it will require you to get it from the manufacturer.

I would say the likelihood of you getting unlocked to work on the new SIM is poor

Have to see what Virgin suggest 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Freeze message

Hi Waltho007, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry that you're having some issues with the new SIM and your phone, this isn't good. 

As advised above, it does sound like the phone has now been frozen (bricked) so no SIM will currently work until this has been dealt with by the manufacture. 

If after this is done and the unlocking codes haven't worked then we do have other options available in regards to a replacement phone. 

If this is something you need help with or you can't get your current phone sorted let me know and I can help from here. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos