Menu
marmac999
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Permanent Voicemail Icon

I have just switched to Virgin Mobile and from the outset have had the Voicemail Icon problem. It just will not disappear. It seems to have been a known issue for a very long time. I have tried all suggested fixes and nothing works. I gather from elsewhere on this forum that the mailbox needs to be reset and that this needs to be done by a tech. 

Also have no list of voicemails as i have had with every other provider. Simply a message on screen telling me to call the voicemail number! Can this also be fixed?

Please help!

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Permanent Voicemail Icon

Have you tried the one where you send yourself a voicemail, listen to it all the way through, then delete?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi marmac999,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Have you been able to try what enlli is suggesting?

Let us know if you still need help with this.

Alex_Rm

marmac999
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay..replies went to junk mail and I've only spotted it now. I did try that several times with no success, then out of the blue the icon disappeared! It has returned again, wouldn't go away and then for no apparent reason disappeared. It's Ok at the moment but I don't have confidence that it won't come back.
0 Kudos
marmac999
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay..replies went to junk mail and I've only spotted it now. I did try that several times with no success, then out of the blue the icon disappeared! It has returned again, wouldn't go away and then for no apparent reason disappeared. It's Ok at the moment but I don't have confidence that it won't come back.

Also still no visual voicemail...is it really true that this isn't available? I can't remember a time when I didn't have it.
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@marmac999 wrote:
Also still no visual voicemail...is it really true that this isn't available? I can't remember a time when I didn't have it.

EE, O2 and Sky according to Apple. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

marmac999
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That would explain it. I was previously with Sky, O2 and Talk Talk (who I think use O2). But I still find it hard to believe and I'd certainly never have switched to Virgin if I'd known. Only 11.5 months to go...
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is a list produced by Apple of who supports what. Not many networks that support all Apples unique features. 

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204040#europe