Menu
Davidjames123
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Permanant R above signal bars / no mobile data

I received a new purple sim to replace my old SIM card, as my old one was too old and a capital letter R has appeared permanently above my signal bars. I am a pay as you go customer and I was told over the phone that I should needed to insert the new sim once I’d received it and it would work the same as my old one. I can still make calls and receive calls and text but I’m a bit concerned that I will be charged as I know some networks do charge for roaming data even though I’m still in the UK. Can anyone please help me out? Thanks

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Permanant R above signal bars / no mobile data

What device do you have the sim in please

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Some old devices (seen it in Nokia and early versions of Android will display an R) 

What device are you using

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davidjames123, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear hear that you are having issues with this can you confirm the make and model of the handset you are currently using? ^Chris. 

0 Kudos