Menu
Lu1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

People receiving my calls see the wrong number

Porting of my number to Virgin has been only partially successful.  After weeks of pursuing customer service I have moved from my phone working only on the Virgin network to being able to place calls on all other networks but with the recipient's handset showing the number originally assigned to the Virgin SIM pre-porting. SMS works correctly.  I found a similar problem described on the Vodafone forum.  The advice there was first to try a factory reset with no SIM in the handset (done).  If that did not help the next step was to go to a Vodafone store and ask for a blank SIM to which the ported number could be coded.  Since Virgin stores are now closed could you please help me obtain a "clean" SIM which will have no history of numbers other than that ported?  My handset is a Galaxy S9 running Android 10.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: People receiving my calls see the wrong number

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issue you've experienced when porting your number across to Virgin Mobile.

We would be able to provide you with a new SIM card to see if this can resolve this issue for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos