Menu
unisoft
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

People can't hear me most of the time when they call on Vodafone. Was fine on EE.

Hello Virgin,

Have you any idea the moment I got switched from EE to Vodafone why people cannot hear me speak when they call me on my new Xiaomi 10T Lite 5G phone?

If I call them it is fine, if I put another SIM in my unlocked phone it is fine. My phone supports ALL 4G/5G UK frequency bands. There is no LTE calling option made available (though phone does support it!)

I have the purple SIM which is only about 6 months old and never had issue on EE.

I also have a "ghosted" notification about voicemail from EE on the phone. When I ring voicemail, it says no messages.

Wi-Fi calling also does not show as an option despite phone supporting it.

As a side note, I went from happy 60-70mbps data speeds to 2-8mbps on Vodafone and 3 bars of signal to one bar of 4G at best and often none (no 5G in my area yet). Seriously not impressed with this Voda service now.

0 Kudos
JoeKing1VM
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: People can't hear me most of the time when they call on Vodafone. Was fine on EE.

@unisoft hello there I feel your pain I've have had the same problems and more as you have.  My call problems was with any network also both directions in/out going calls. Like yourself my problem came about from the change over onto Vodafone network along with data speed problems. Any way after 3 weeks calling every day customer service and speaking to them and talking to the Technical support doing the the routine checks etc. Today Monday 22 February 2021 managed to speak with yet another agent in Technical support that did a simple check which can be done while on a call with the agent. One simple thing was overlooked on my complaints and he found it within 5mins of talking to me.  It's a well know problem within the Technical support and what the problem is are what is known as Routing problems. This can happen sometime in a change of service like ours. 

A ticket order was built and a months credit will be refunded back to me due to my problem over the last 3 weeks.

Next time that you call 789 ask to be transferred over to Technical Support and tell them your problem. Also ask them to check the routing on your service but they will have to build a ticket for a works order.

A simple test the Tec agent did with me while on a call to me which I had originally made, was to call me from several mobile numbers each on different networks. And while he did this  2 of the numbers he called from had error announcements and 1 actually connected while still on my original call. (call waiting notifications kicked in) 

But its definitely a routing issue... 

Joe 

0 Kudos
Ria77
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: People can't hear me most of the time when they call on Vodafone. Was fine on EE.

Hi

I am also having this problem, can you advise, is your service now working?

I am expecting a call back later today so I will raisecthe issue of routing problems

many thanks 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your posts and for reaching out to the Community Forums, unisoft & Ria77,

Apologies for the delayed response. have you been able to speak with the team since your post and get this sorted since your post?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos