Menu
Stevepb
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Payment Plan

Spoiler
What happens to my monthly payments for the broken phone, does the insurance pay this off?

Phone can't be replaced, alternatives offered, want to know first, about the above first 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Payment Plan

Hi Stevepb,

Thanks for posting on the community forums.

Are you able to tell us a little more about what's happened so we can help? What's the issue with your phone?

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Stevepb
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

Thanks for your response

I am the account holder

My wifes phone a Samsung A5 2017 gold model ([REMOVED])came up with the moisture message alert, where this had come from, I don't know. The phone then switch off and now will not switch at all.

I have recharged with the correct charger etc, following all instruction when trying to get repaired. The phone will still not switch on.

Attempt to get the phone repaired, informed replacement phone no longer available,  and would have to pay £80 excess fee for recommended phone replacement. Attempted to put the phone and it's replacement through the insurance same response.

I have 4 monthly payment as of my payment plan when the phone will be for, the phone is no good to me now. So if I take up the option of paying the £80 excess fee for the recommended

1. What happens to my payment plan for the now unusable phone, which I have only 4 payments left?

2. In addition the excess fee, what other fees, apart for airtime, will I be responsible for the replacement phone and how long for?l

3. Will the insurance being covering the replacement cost of the phone?

Thanks any assistance

Kind Regards

Steve Brown

[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

1. What happens to my payment plan for the now unusable phone, which I have only 4 payments left?

Your handset would be replaced as your insurance cover, you would just need to pay the excess fee that you mentioned, this is part of the t's and c's in the policy that was taken out. You will continue to pay till your existing 4 payments and then you would not be paying anymore after that. 

2. In addition the excess fee, what other fees, apart for airtime, will I be responsible for the replacement phone and how long for?

You would just need to pay the excess fee, there would be no other charges.

3. Will the insurance being covering the replacement cost of the phone?

Yes the insurance will cover the replacement of the phone but the the repairs team will be able to advise more on this for you. You would just need to pay the excess fee.

Regards

Steven_L

Stevepb
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I didn't reespond to the earlier communication, as I have been ill and just getting around to sorting things out.

As now the phone is paid for and I am still paying the insurance premium, can I still get a replacement phone?

Yes, I will also pay the excess of £80

Regards

Stevepb

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stevepb,

Thanks for your post 🙂
If you have insurance with us you need to either call us on  0345 030 3291. or make a claim here 

Virgin media protect covers:

Theft (including if your phone was unattended at the time it was stolen)
Accidental damage (including cracked screens and liquid damage)
Malicious damage (caused by someone who doesn’t have your permission to use your phone)
Pet damage
Usage by family and friends
Out of warranty breakdown

Zoie

0 Kudos