cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for handsets I do not own - stuck in contracts

gabzy
Joining in

URGENT! NEED HELP!

I need to talk to someone about my situation, It's been going on for a couple of months now and customer service has been absolutely NO HELP for me. I don't know who to go to at this point, my back is against the wall.

I have been paying for handsets I do not physically own under my account, and locked in contracts I did not agree to be in. The two handsets in question are the following;

- Samsung s23 Ultra

- iPad Pro 11 5G 2022

I have called customer service about my payments for these handsets, and according to them I had actually cancelled one of the handset contracts (Samsung s23) before I would receive the delivery for the phone. So naturally,  I was due for a refund for the monthly payments I paid for the handset. The iPad Pro however, I did not agree to a contract for it, and alongside the Samsung device I've been paying for the Airtime bills and handset bills since February 2023!!!

I didn't even receive a delivery for the iPad Pro handset, YET, customer service are adamant on me having received it.  Despite me cancelling the Samsung s23 contract, I've been paying for the handset and the bills alongside the iPad Pro costs monthly, and it's eating my pockets empty. I've contacted Virgin Media customer service about this numerous times, and I've been told back that they would set some investigations into my account and contact me back about any proceeding updates as well as them to issue some refunds. This has been going on since February, and I've received NO updates on my situation, I have called them 5 times now about my handset situation, and I keep being told that they'll move my investigation to their "backrooms" and will update me in 5-8 business days, but this happens every time I call them and complain, I get nothing but SILENCE.

It's been months now and I'm sick and tired of it. I am paying for two handsets I do not physically own!!

I only own one device and it is a Samsung s20 FE 4G. I'm really considering leaving Virgin Media mobile and going to another network but I can't leave until I sort these problems out, I'm so fed up and angry with the customer service and the treatment I've received. Normally Virgin Media have been so cordial and efficient with their help, but for whatever reason they just don't want to help me out and sort my account payments properly. I shouldn't be paying for these handsets!!!!!

I need some help! ASAP! I just want to terminate these contracts and be done with this. I'm so done with Virgin Media.

1 REPLY 1

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gabzy 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with paying for handsets on your account that you do not own. We can understand your concern and the frustration caused and we want to best help. To best look into this issue, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs