Menu
Highlighted
dandecay
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Pay as you go rules

On my Virgin mobile pay as you go 'phone, how often do I have to make a call or send a text before I lose the current balance and/or number?

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pay as you go rules

According to their information it's 90 days

dandecay
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I thought that I was told by a rep. that it was 180 days, but I don't want to take any chances so I had better send a text, at least, every 90 days.

0 Kudos
dandecay
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps a friendly Virgin moderator or representative could officially confirm the number of days. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The confirmation you are looking for is contained within the Terms and Conditions applicable to the service you have. https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/our-service

Terms and conditions of service - Pay As You Go Addict and Simply 8p Tariff

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/our-service#3

3.8 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and cancel this Agreement. If we cancel this Agreement, you may lose your phone number and any unused Top Up credit on your account (see Clause 10.3). We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

Terms and conditions of service - Original Pay As You Go and Pay by Direct Debit

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/our-service#4

3.8 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and cancel this Agreement. If we cancel this Agreement, you may lose your phone number and any unused Top Up credit on your account (see Clause 10.3). We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
dandecay
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have checked the links and they say that you need to make a call or send a text every 90 days, yet just yesterday I spoke to a representative (on 789) and she told me that it was only every 180 days that I had to use the service. So, who do i believe?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Dandecay, 

The services do need to be used once every 90 days to ensure the number stays active as per the terms and conditions given above. 

We'll feed it back you have been advised otherwise by an agent. 

Thanks for letting us know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
dandecay
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Once again, Emma C, thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
dandecay
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Emma C, is just sending a text only (and not making a call) also okay?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Says it in post 5 in this thread. 

You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message.