Menu
waynifer
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pay as you go contract

Hi.

My 85 year old father has a Pay as you go Virgin mobile account which he uses for emergencies and when he is out on his own. He has credit on it and like myself, has been a Virgin customer for many years.

During the Covid pandemic lockdowns, he has been isolating at home and does not go out. We (his son and daughter inlaw) have been doing shopping etc for him so he has not needed his mobile for few months.

He tried to use it the other day and it says "SIM card registration failed".

I've looked this up and aparently he was required to use it every 90 days (which we didn't know) to keep the account live and running.

Is there something we can do to make the account live again with the same number?

Is this something I need to take up with Virgin directly?

Many thanks.

Wayne Lawrence.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pay as you go contract

Hello

I am afraid that if the SIM has been disconnected under the 90 day rule for PAYG then it is going to be impossible to get the number back, the main reason is that Virginmedia no longer offer PAYG SIM and the SIM card has been de-activated so would need a new one, but as Virginmedia no longer do PAYG contract it will not be possible to get a new SIM.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pay as you go contract

Hi Wayne,

Apologies for the delayed response and sorry to hear that your father's phone not working. If the SIM has been deactivated, @DJ_Shadow1966 is correct that it cannot be reactivated and unfortunately cannot be reactivated. If you have the number I can check for you.

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos