Menu
Claymore83
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Pay as you go PAC code

Hi

I’ve got an elderly relative who had a Virgin Pay as You Go phone which has been cut off, I believe she was given notice that this was going to happen by text, unfortunately she didn’t do anything or inform us about it at the time.

I believe Virgin don’t offer Pay as You go anymore. Is it still possible though to get a PAC code for her old number to bring it to another network? Or would her old phone number be lost now, recycled.

Many thanks for your help

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pay as you go PAC code

There are 2 reasons for it to be cut off. The first is they missed the SIM swap that has taken place. In that case it may be possible to issue a new SIM from which you could then PAC 

The second is no chargeable use in a 90 day period then as per the Terms and Conditions the line is disconnected and the number forfeit. This can't be undone.

Personally, knowing changes that are happening in the future it may be better to go elsewhere. However, the handset may be locked to the old Virgin network which was EE

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos