cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as You Go why are Virgin cancelling

Barbraella
Superfast

Can anyone please explain the reason that Virgin are cancelling' Pay as you Go' I do not use my mobile often as its too expensive,  that is why Pay as you Go is the right thing for me...it would take me many months to use even £5.00...this service is being cancelled from January 2022, so that means I will not be with Virgin aft that date...such a shame !!

Regards

Barbara

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

ASDA do traditional PAYG. 4p Calls, 4p Text. Just need to make a call or send a text once in every 180 days to keep it going.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

More than likely that would be a business decision.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a move away from Traditional PAYG across all networks, either by closing it completely or by hiking up prices to encourage people to transfer to 30 day SIM only.

Good morning, thank you for your replies.

But not everyone can afford yet another monthly payment, when that money would not be used....why ????? because like everything else, they want more money from you..

I will have to look elsewhere !

Regards

Barbara

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

ASDA do traditional PAYG. 4p Calls, 4p Text. Just need to make a call or send a text once in every 180 days to keep it going.

Thank you so much Enlli, that is so kind of you, sounds a great deal from Asda, so that is where I will be heading.!!

Very much appreciated !!

Kindest regards,

Barbara x

Hi, please can I ask how you got on with Asda 

I use my phone as frequently as you 9hardly ever) and have been considering moving to Asda.

I have had a text from VM to advise that my PAYG with them will end on 17th Oct

Thank you

Hi Daisy,

I have not done it yet, but will do it by the weekend. Just go to Asda Pay as you Go Mobile, (google it or go to    https://mobile.asda.com/pay-as-you-go  and there is lots of info, and I am going for the one recommended to me, Asda sent the sim within 2 days, but due to hospital visitsI have not had the time or inclination to go further, but I will contact Virgin Mobile for my PAC code tomorrow, to keep my number, and a friend will help me with the rest on Saturday, always private message me if you want to.😉

Good luck Daisy, I still have £10.00 left on my phone, been there for about a year, so will see if it can be transferred, if not I will use it up.

Kindest regards

Barbara xx

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Read this about getting your PAC and Refund

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-pay-as-you-closing

Hi Barbara

Thank you for your reply.

I requested my Asda Sim earlier today and will do the rest over the next few days.

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.

Kind regards

"Daisy"