Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pay as You Go Balance

Hello,

My Grandma current has a Virgin Mobile Pay as You Go SIM card which she tops up at the local shop using her virgin mobile top up card. She has forgotten how to check the current balance on her sim card. She used to just phone 789 and an automated message would tell her how much she had remaining. However, when she phoned this number today the automated message had options either for broadband or to continuing holding to speak about her mobile.

How would she go about finding out her remaining SIM card balance?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pay as You Go Balance

Try the following

Text Balance to 789789

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have just tested it with my Virgin PAYG phone.  After dialing 789 you do get the options for broadband or mobile.  If you do nothing the automated system proceeds to read out your balance before offering further options.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@enlli I just tested the balance text route and it replied with the balance of minutes, texts and data available, but not the actual cash credit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Graham_A  Wonder if that is when you have a Jam Pack or something. On the old PAYG without allowances it used to read the cash balance.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm on the Simply 8 plan and 789 told me all the balances but text reply did not include the cash balance.

Text and data both zero of course as there is no such allowance on that plan.

0 Kudos