Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Parked orders

Hi I’m a new customer and ordered 2 iPhone 11s a week ago.  Everything processed effortlessly- items in stock, credit check passed and one phone arrived.  Followed up with contact centre on the missing order. Told it didn’t exist. While on phone to them received an email from virgin saying they were sorry I’d cancelled the order that    was missing - I hadn’t!). Reordered - all good again but parked again when agent attempted to release contract.  Not to worry - you’ll receive a call in 48h (didn’t).  Tried again today. Same.  Contact centre manager tried to over ride algorithm that’s doing this for no reason.  No joy.  This is the worst new customer experience and looking at this board - I’m not alone.  Any ideas before I give up on this?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Parked orders

Hi AmyLovesPugs,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry for the late reply, this happens when an order is placed online and needs to go through extra checks. Unlike when you do this over the phone, an agent is able to provide the information then and there. If the team needs more information you would usually be contacted in 24-72 hours.

The other reason this may be parked would be because the credit check failed.

Have you been contacted since posting?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Parked orders

Amy, can't believe that VM still have this issue over 2 years after my younger daughter went through something similar but as an existing customer. Daughter's contract came up for renewal, she called and ordered a new phone on a new 24 month deal. The phone never arrived, many phone calls later VM could not remove the thing that had parked the order and could not work out how to get the order processed , so she cancelled, got a  PAC and switched to another network that has real shops, and signed up and was given the new phone there and then .... after weeks of being mucked about by VM.  I would suggest you cancel and go to another network

0 Kudos