Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Parked order - called from +8001836411 claiming to be Virgin, terrible service!

Ordered phone package on Saturday, called multiple times from the number above and finally answered (i'd checked the number online and it was apparently a scam?)

Woman claimed from Virgin media, asked me for my first line of address which I reluctantly provided. Started asking me questions about what contract I'm currently on which I found strange but advised I'm with Vodafone but waiting for my package from Virgin Media. She (she also didn't name herself looking back on the call) said the contract I've applied for "I can't get that phone but can get other phones, the reason why is because you have poor credit rating", no information about what phone or package I'd ordered and an extremely unprofessional thing to say, up there with saying to someone "your card has been declined because you're skint".. I'm under the impression this was a scam call, I advised to just cancel my order as I'm not interested in another phone, she asked if anyone in my family would like a contract to which I replied no and then she swiftly said "okay thank you goodbye" before hanging up quickly.

I go on my account to check my order and it has gone from Parked to Processing (see attached image), I then check again just now and it's gone back to being Parked?

My main concern however is; What is going on? This is quite a common trend on this forum recently about parked orders, I understand the current situation and their being delays but I was also on the phone for 1 hour before trying to contact Mobile care team. Is my order going to be rejected or not? I don't want to wait around for nothing. The service I've received up to now is pretty poor and I'd appreciate someone calling me or sending me a message to clarify things and assist if possible.

order.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Parked order - called from +8001836411 claiming to be Virgin, terrible service!

Turns out to be a waste of time. called again this morning to be told about setting up a new account same package and doing "credit checks", failed apparently and then asked if I have friends or family who could apply for me as well as being upsold a different package carbon copy same as yesterday.

No credit check has been done that's the best part of it, I get notified of any credit checks done on my account so it seems like the iphone with airpods offer starting from £38 is actually just a made up offer to upsell you a different phone, many others on the forum complaining about "Parked" orders, hope someone sees this before they place their order to avoid the time waste most people come here afterwards with an issue. 

0 Kudos