Menu
peartrees
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

PUK blocked

What does this mean?

I am asking because as of yesterday, Wednesday 22 December, I have been unable to use my phone.  I posted about this on Wednesday 22 December under a post headed Unable to make calls - emergency calls only.

I am on PAYG.

I have credit.

There is no phone signal.

I have checked the settings on my phone and cannot autoselect a network. I cannot even manually select a network.

When I delve a bit deeper my phone shows that SIM1 virgin is PUK blocked.

I thought PUK blocking happened when a PIN number was input incorrectly but I have had no reason to enter my PIN number since I received a new Energizer E12 phone in August/September of this year after experiencing issues with the rollout of new SIMs.

I know my PUK code but I have not been prompted to enter it on the phone.  

Could a member of the forum team (or VIP) advise me how to resolve this issue, please?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PUK blocked

Some phones call a network unlocking code a PUK code which is quite confusing. However, as this is an unlocked phone have you tried going into SIM security and trying to enter the SIM pin code. It may then ask for a PUK code.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
peartrees
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PUK blocked

Thank you, enlli.  

I've just tried this.  

Unfortunately when I select PIN, I immediately get the message "PUK blocked" and I am not asked for a PUK code.

0 Kudos