Menu
RajS1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PORTING OLD NUMBER

I HAD BOUGHT AN IPHONE 12 PRO WITH VIRGIN AND REQUESTED MY OLD NUMBER FROM 3 NETWORK TO BE PORTED OVER AND ALTHOUGH I'VE BEEN TOLD COUNTLESS TIMES BY VIRGIN FOLLOWING ENDLESS CALLS THE NUMBER SEEMS TO BE SUCCESSFULLY IMPORTED , BUT I AM NOT BEING ABLE TO RECEIVE ANY TEXT MESSAGES OR PHONE CALLS TO MY PORTED NUMBER, BUT I AM ONLY ABLE TO MAKE CALLS AND SENT TEXTS AND I -MESSAGING ON MOBILE PHONE SAYS STUCK ON NOT BEING ABLE TO ACTIVATE WHICH TELLS ME THE PORT HAD NOT COMPLETED FULLY ON VIRGIN END AND 3 NETWORK ASSURE ME COMPLETED PORT TRANSFER ON THEIR END.

CURRENT STATUS IS THAT I HAVE BEEN GIVEN A TICKET NUMBER FOR THEIR TECH TEAM TO RESLOVE AS I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT IT'S A ROUTING PROBLEM AS PORT CYCLE HAD NOT COMPLETED FULLY, EVEN THOUGH SHOWING SUCCESSFUL ACTIVATION AT THEIR END.

I AM STILL WAITING FOR TECH TEAM TO GET BACK TO ME TO RESOLVE THIS URGENTLY AND IF I HAVE NOT HEARD BY END OF DAY I AM INCLINED TO CANCEL THE SIM CONTRACT WITH VIRGIN AND GO TO ANOTHER PROVIDER, WHICH WOULD BE A SHAME AS I'VE HAD MY OLD NUMBER FOR 15 YEARS AND WOULD BE A PAIN TO CHANGE IT, BUT I AM AT THE END OF MY PATIENCE NOW AS I'VE BEEN PASSED FROM ONE VIRGIN ADVISER TO ANOTHER COUNTLESS NUMBER OF TIMES WITHOUT ANY RESOLUTION AND I MUST SAY THAT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS BEEN ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS AND I DESERVE A FULL REFUND FOR ALL INCONVENIENCES TO DATE. NOT HAPPY.     

0 Kudos
Witsenday
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PORTING OLD NUMBER

I'm in the same position as you. My number was "successfully" ported on 12/01/21. Except I also cannot receive calls or texts. I received a replacement SIM today as was told they could not escalate without trying this, even though previous CS agent said they would!

So, new SIM, but still in the same predicament.

Reading through the forum posts, it looks like Virgin Mobile are having big problems. I hope this, and the other technical problems people are experiencing can be resolved quickly.

Corey_C has been helping me on my post "Split Port Solutions", so hopefully he'll be along with some more help.

0 Kudos
RajS1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your info.

I'm more than likely looking at switching to another network as I wasted another 30 minutes of my life on the phone to Virgin without any resolution again today. 

Last resort I may just ask virgin to convert it to pay as you go and keep the number active and hope for a miracle that they may be able to resolve the issue as the number is very dear to my heart, but at the same time I will definitely seek another provider, preferably with 5G .

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi RajS1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to heear you hadn't been able to use your services when porting your number into us, 

I can see you have recently spoken to us and this is being looked into for you, we are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos