Menu
cazajacks
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

PLEASE HELP.

Can someone please help and advise me.......

My daughter went missing and was found over 600 miles away very unwell..she has been in hospital over 3 weeks now and will probably be in there for a good couple of months.  She has her phone and ipad with her but has used up all her data and she is not due to get refreshed until January 5th. She is using loads of data everyday ( up to 5gb)  as she watches tv on her ipad all the time. She needs to have a lot more data/internet on her phone.  I called Virgin up and they said she could upgrade to the unlimited package but could not do this for me as it is not my account.  My daughter is autistic and unwell so she finds it really hard to make any phone calls.  She did manage to speak to someone and they told her that she cannot go to unlimited data until 5th January, but if she was prepared to pay for 2 bills for the same month, one for her old package and one for the new package they could upgrade her to unlimited right now. She said she was happy to pay this and before they could set it up she got cut off!  Today she has gathered to courage to call Virgin again and now this person said no they cannot do this and she will have to wait until the 5th January!  Her phone is her only form of contact with all her family, her ipad is the only thing she has to do all day and all night being in hospital.  Surely Virgin must have a section for dealing with special circumstances like this, she is trapped in hospital, no visitors because of covid, nothing to do and nowhere to go...can anyone advise on where i can ring to speak to someone

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PLEASE HELP.

I don't think Virgin do. 789 is limited in scope

I will flag your post to the team.

In the meantime does the hospital have WiFi? I was in for 6 days early in the year and certainly made use of it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: PLEASE HELP.

Thanks for reaching out to us Cazajacks,

I'm sorry to hear that has happened to your daughter. @enlli, is right, there are limits to what we can do especially when it comes to modifying an account without data protection. There are a few things I can advise:

Did you daughter register for an online account? If so, then she can do the package upgrade via her online account, virg.in/youracc

Is your daughter able to speak with with us, the forum team, directly? This will help us regarding bypassing data protection and accessing the account.

Package changes are not immediate and will usually take effect the following billing cycle. I'll also send you a PM to get her details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos