Menu
jollyroger1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PAYG top up

My wife has been trying for the last week or so to top her PAYG phone with a credit voucher but to no avail, she keeps on getting message that the number is not working due to "technical difficulties".  I have just got through to a call centre after a 30 minute wait, she seemed to have difficulty understanding what I was talking about and then cut me off!!! Can someone, somewhere help solve the problem please??? 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PAYG top up

Hi jollyroger1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with topping up the phone. 

You can find all ways to top up your phone here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
jollyroger1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response.

I had already read the tips page. The problem my wife has is the she has a top up voucher. When she follows the instructions and calls 789111 she is informed that the number "sorry, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties". This has been the case for some three weeks now,  I don't seem to be able to get any assistance from anywhere/anyone including your call centre.  It is not helped by there not being any Virgin shops open now.

I consider it a most unsatisfactory situation. So would you possibly be able to suggest a way my wife can top up her phone with the £10 voucher she has already paid for but cannot use!! 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me jollyroger1,

Can you confirm If you text the voucher pin to 7891111?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
jollyroger1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roger,

Tried 7891111 but it said "not in use". called back the original number (789111) to be told now that the e voucher number is not recognised.

On the voucher it says to apply the voucher "download the Three UK app, or visit three.co.uk/topup or call 444".  Tried all of these to no avail.  Has there been literally a crossing of wires here!!  

Getting more confused as time goes on. HELP!!!!

0 Kudos
pumas
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As alex_rm says are you texting or calling?

.....simply text the unique voucher PIN to 789111 to top up by text. Or call 789 to top up by phone

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@jollyroger1 wrote:

Hi Roger,

Tried 7891111 but it said "not in use". called back the original number (789111) to be told now that the e voucher number is not recognised.

On the voucher it says to apply the voucher "download the Three UK app, or visit three.co.uk/topup or call 444".  Tried all of these to no avail.  Has there been literally a crossing of wires here!!  

Getting more confused as time goes on. HELP!!!!

Have you got the right voucher? That info is for 3 not Virgin so the number won't be recognised 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos