Menu
RonLee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

PAYG new simcard problems

As a non-technical oldie my mobile phone is a Doro 6520. It's only for emergency use with my wife's call centre alarm.

Received a new simcard with instruction to replace the existing one. Doing so brought the message ""Insert SIM" Phoned for help, was told it would be activated in 24 hours time. Nothing after 36 hours.

Out of interest put the old card in - got the same message. Phoned again and explained this, told to wait a few more hours but explained I need the phone before I can go out and asked if anything else could be done. Reply was "buy a new phone", I was then cut off.

I am buying a new unlocked phone and going to another network. I want to keep the same number but to do so need to use Virgin's simcard to ask for a PAC number.  How can I do this when Virgin's simcard isn't working?

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: PAYG new simcard problems

Hi RonLee, 

Thanks for getting in touch regarding the issues you're having with the new SIM card. 

If the new SIM isn't working after 24 hours of inserting it then it would be down to the handset being locked or the SIM being faulty. 

We can have a look and see if we're able to provide you with the unlocking code and check that phone is compatible with our new SIM cards before you decide to change provider. 

If you'd like me to do this then please reply to the personal message I'm sending now, we can also discuss getting a PAC from there if needed. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos