forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
jaisatchit
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PAC for a Virgin PAYG sim

Help! Been trying unsuccessfully to get a PAC for a Virgin PAYG sim since 02/08/2020 using text, landline and email.

Still waiting for a response.

Why?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: PAC for a Virgin PAYG sim

If you still have the old red sim read this then post in the thread 

PAC/STAC - Pending SIM migration

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/PAC-STAC-Pending-SIM-migration/td-p/4340638

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jaisatchit
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Old red sim not working , new purple sim installed - can  phone and text to any number except PAC 06/12/1951 on 65075.

OFCOM states:

To switch and keep your mobile number – text ‘PAC’ to 65075

If you want to switch and keep your existing phone number, text ‘PAC’ to 65075 to begin the process.

Your current provider will reply by text within a minute. They will send you your PAC, which will be valid for 30 days. Their reply must also include important information about any early termination charges or pay-as-you-go credit balances.

You then give the PAC to your new provider and they must arrange for the switch to be completed within one working day.

This new process is designed to be quick and easy, so you could request your PAC while looking for a new deal – for example, while on the phone to a new provider, or in store.

Are Virgin blocking texts to 65075?

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jaisatchit, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry you're having issues getting your PAC, this isn't good. 

Is it possible we have the incorrect date of birth as this could cause that issue? Do you have an online account that you could check? 

We're not aware of any issues with the number to text but I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
jaisatchit
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tried to register it online -  account has no option  for non contract/account PAYG sim only customers and the D/O/B is correct.

The original Virgin red sim was purchased in 2010/11. Just tried again for 100th time -  still not sending, have tried the sim in various mobiles  - but no joy.

Can anyone from Virgin call me to resolve this issue?01.jpg02.jpg

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The online account can be created for both PAYG and contract customers, does it give you an error when you try and register? 

I'll pop you a personal message now to see what's going on and we'll take it from there.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
jaisatchit
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes , it gives an error.

0 Kudos