cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC code request error

Hasher18
Tuning in

hi. My mum is trying to get a PAC code as virgin is closing down PAYG so she is moving providers.

But when we try to do that online or by text it comes up 'Oops there is an error.' And she's tried calling 789 and she can't understand their accents or what they say and its still not resolved. 

So she's starting to panic as they are cutting her number off on 11 Jan.

Can anyone please help?

9 REPLIES 9

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hasher18,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that your mum is experiencing some issues when trying to get a PAC code via text and call. 

We would be more than happy to look into this issue further for your mum. However, we would need her to set up a Forum profile in order to discuss this with her directly. As this could be ending a contract with us, we need to discuss and confirm this with the account holder.

Please advise your mum to set up a Forum profile and create a post, where we can assist further. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hi

Thanks for the offer of help

She hasn't got a contract, its a traditional top up PAYG, top up £10 that lasts for months one, not a monthly payment.

Does she still need to set up her own profile on here to have it looked at. She's 75, she wouldn't have a clue what to do!!

Hi @Hasher18,

We would need to speak with the account holder in order to assist with requesting a PAC code, regardless of it being a Pay Monthly number or a Pay As You Go number I'm afraid.

Alternatively, you can find all of the other options that they can request a PAC code here should they not wish to set up an account and speak with us here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

hello

I have an account now. I am hasher18's mum.

Trying to get a PAC code, it says there is an error.

789 said they raised an IT ticket. But then I called again and they still haven't corrected it. And they won't say what the error is.

I can't understand what they say when they call. My number will be cut off on 11 Jan as you are shutting your PAYG. All they seem to do is try and sell me an O2 package instead of fixing this problem. 

Please help 

Hi @JanT47,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having this issue. Would you mind clarifying how you're going about trying to acquire a PAC code and what happens when you try?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

On the Request a PAC code on my online account. A yellow message appears saying oops there is an error. it then send me a text message sayingPAC request error. Try again later or contact 789.

So I tired doing it by text message PAC dob and got the same response.

So I  called 789. But said there was an error  - I know that, that's why I was ringing. But wouldn't say what it was. They just said they would raise an IT ticket. That was a few days ago. And I called again and no progress. Its hard for me to understand what they are saying on the phone.

There are other people seemingly having similar issues and taking days with no progress. I have to move to another provider by 11 January and am concerned that with it being christmas that nothing is being done. They can't even tell me what the error is. 

Hi @JanT47,

Thank you for expanding. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can investigate this further.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

I got a provate message asking for my details about 24 hours ago and not heard anything since.

Can someone please tell me why I get an error when I ask for a PAC code and resolve it please.

Thanks for your post @JanT47, did you respond to the private message?

As it's a weekend the poster may currently be offline as only one team are logged in over the weekend

Kindest regards,

David_Bn