Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC Nightmare

bures
Joining in

Yesterday I tried to get a PAC several time via 65075 - failed
I called Customer Services who also couldnt raise a PAC
I was asked why I wanted to leave, I replied "since the changeover to Vodaphone I can only get 1 bar of signal in my front bedroom, by the window", The response was " I can sort that our by putting your on a better mobile package"
WHAT !

Today at 0830 again tried 65075, still unavailble
0851 I sent a message to the Virgin advertised 07533016422 Messaging Service, I received an auto ackowledgement to wait.........
0928 I finally get a response from "Someone" to say, I had been directed to Virgin Media and they would transfer me to Virgin Mobile..........................
0936 Vigin Mobile responds, it took until 1039 before I was infomed this was an IT problem, a ticket had been raised and I should hear from IT in 3 - 5 Days with the PAC

Useless answer, as I have changed to EE with a phone I cant use !!
The OFCOM web site states
If a customer wants to switch and keep their existing phone number, they just text ‘PAC’ to 65075 to begin the process.Their existing provider will respond by text within a minute. They will be sent their switching code (PAC), which will be valid for 30 days.

20 REPLIES 20

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I doubt very much you will hear from them.

Hopefully one of the team hear will be able to help 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bures, 

Thanks for you post and apologies to hear you are having an issue getting your PAC code. 

If there has been an issue then the correct process is for an IT Ticket to be raised. The team there will fix the issue and get the code sent to you. 

I can check in to things for you but will need to pass data protection with you first of all. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bures, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this via private message. 

I do understand your security concerns however without passing data protection we are not able to help you further. 

You can see I work for Virgin Media directly through my status to the left where it shows as Forum Team. You can also keep track of who is part of our team via this page here: Good Folk to know

If you are still weary, and that is totally fine too, you will need to call the team on 0345 600 0789 so they can pass data protection and help further there. 

Keep us posted on what you decide to do. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath

I was going to contact you today with the security details, but when I log into my account on line, previously there was an icon for emails, but no longer
Still waiting for PAC from my last Tues initial call
can you send me a text by mobile which I can answer your security questions ?

Just tried to generate a PAC via my Account page, returns the usual ERROR

Hi bures,

We would be unable to arrange for a text to be sent I'm afraid,

We would need to pass data protection via private message here before we would be able to assist you further.

Alex_Rm

So can you send me a PM
And how do I access this message ?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bures wrote:

So can you send me a PM
And how do I access this message ?

Purple envelope top right of the page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi bures, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

If you are happy to pass data protection with me within PM, you can just reply to the new message I have sent 🙂 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team