cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC Completed... But it hasn't

philnorton
Joining in

Hi

I got my Virgin sim-only card yesterday, and my number was due to be ported today. I got a message at around 11am from Virgin saying that it had been completed, and one from O2 to say that they were sorry to see me go.

Since then, I have had a number of serious issues...

1. I can only make calls when I have 4G coverage. It doesn't matter if I have full 3G coverage, calls simply won't connect or go through;
  2. When I am able to make a call, the caller ID shows that it is coming from the temporary number issued on the Virgin sim;
  3. If people try to call me on my old number, if fails. If they try to call me on the temporary number (which shows that I'm dialling from) then that also fails.
  4. If i try to call customer services on 789, then i get a message saying "I have dialled incorrectly. Please check the number and redial" with no option to take things further.

So, 24h of being a Virgin customer and I have no way of speaking to someone to resolve this, I have no working phone number for people to contact me on, and i can only diall out when I have 4G coverage.

To say I am frustrated would be a massive understatement. I even tried requesting a PAC so that I could choose a different provider, and I got a message saying "Thanks for requesting your PAC. Sorry, but we can't get hold of it right now. Please try again later, or call 789". And I can't call 789 because my sim doesn't work.

I've had some poor onboarding experiences in my time, but this is right up there at the very top!! Does anyone have a standard phone number I can call to get this sorted?

1 REPLY 1

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @philnorton thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues using your mobile service since joining.  I would like to help you resolve this.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R