Menu
t_lemar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged for data!! Almost 15x my monthly bill cost.

I received a bill from virgin last year which was almost 15x my monthly billing for data I had no idea I was being charged for. I paid about £8.50 a month for a sim only plan from Virgin however was shocked with my billing came in at about 98.00 in one month. Firstly, I took out a low cost plan to minimise charges. Each month I had rollover as I never ran out of data or used up all my allowances. Not sure what happened on this particular month, but at the end of the first week, I received a message saying I was almost out of data. I couldn’t believe this nor could i check as I didn’t have required access to my account so trusted it may have been a mistake. No, it was right. £3 a day with no warning that my bill was growing amidst the fact that they were away I couldn’t afford or get approved for a high price plan. I would really like to get this resolved and somehow be met midway as I can’t afford to pay this amount of money. Any suggestions??

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged for data!! Almost 15x my monthly bill cost.

"No, it was right. £3 a day with no warning"

"I received a message saying I was almost out of data......... so trusted it may have been a mistake. "

so the text message telling you that you didn't want to believe so you ignored it was not a warning.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The message should have made you investigate - if you ignored it then pay the piper!

I get shocked sometimes by stories like this - when I consider I pay £20 a month and get 3 flippin hundred GB's a month and struggle to get through it all! I am always rolling over 100GB
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi T_lemar, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

I do apologise that your recent bill has come in a lot higher than you expected and I can appreciate any concern caused. 

Whenever you go over your allowances you will be advised of the cost and you'll also be warned beforehand as you yourself mentioned above in your post. 

Whilst you may have been unable to check online you can also ring us on 789/0345 6000 789 to hear your allowances or check via the mobile app. 

Sadly due to this the charges will remain valid and correct, however to prevent this happening in the future please give us a call on 789/0345 6000 789 to discuss a spend cap. This means once you've ran out of allowances you won't be able to use any extra to occur a large bill like this. 

Also we can look at changing your package if you think you're going to need more data allowance moving forward. 

Again I do apologise but I hope this helps. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos