cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing Calls/Texts issue

AoibhinTB
Joining in

Hi,

I have just moved to virgin and received and moved my number yesterday. I got a text confirming that my number is moved, but I am unable to make any calls or send texts on the number. I can receive texts and calls, and my mobile data is still working. Is there any way this can be resolved? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AoibhinTB, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with outgoing calls since moving your number across to us. 

It can sometimes take 24 hours for everything to go through so it's worth turning the device off and back on again so it can force a new connection to the network. As it's passed the 24 hours, if you're still having issues, pop back here and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

it’s been 24 hours and the issue still hasn’t resolved. I’m also unable to monomer eh helping as I can’t make any outgoing calls!

Hi AoibhinTB, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I'm really sorry but I don't quite understand your second sentence. Can you please confirm what you mean?

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Apologies - I’m unable to call the phone line for assistance as I can’t make any outgoing calls

Hi AoibhinTB, 

Thanks again for coming back to us on this one. 

• When looking at the device, is it showing as connected to a network? 
  • When trying to make calls, what error comes up? 
  • Can you try your SIM in another device? Does this change anything? 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team