Menu
JAlex57
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Out of service message

Trying to solve a problem on mother in laws mobile phone which is a Samsung SGH-E250 Edge, despite recently adding credit to her phone card she is unable to receive or make calls with small icon at top of screen with message 

'Out of your service area; you
cannot make or receive calls'

Can anyone help as she needs this phone at hand in case of emergency

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Out of service message

As you have added credit I assume this is PAYG. Has the SIM been changed recently. Virgin have withdrawn all the old EE based cards and replaced them. She may have missed the message 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JAlex57
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

She doesn't use it very much & there are no messages in her inbox, it's just for emergency use really, it's a Virgin sim card that's in the phone so don't understand why it's suddenly stopped working for her

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Two reasons 

1. She missed the SIM swap and it needs a replacement.

2. It has been disconnected because of a failure to make a chargeable call or text in the last 90 days. (Less likely as you were able to top up)

I'll flag your post to the team that deals with these thinks. Keep an eye out here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to our Community Forum JAlex57 and sorry to hear about your mother in law's mobile phone issue. So I can help, I'll send you a Private Message so I can have a nosey at what is happening.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos