Menu
Discrace
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Order new SIM - questions

I received the following text message:

"Action requires, you have not responded with your address and we are unable to send you a new SIM. Your current SIM will stop working in 30 days if you do not order a new SIM. Please order here: virginmedia.com/orderasim"

My 3 questions:

Is this text message legit from Virgin Mobile?

Will my current SIM indeed run out in 30 days as mentioned in the text?

Is the website address mentioned at the end of the text legit for getting a new SIM?

Thanks very much in advance!

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Order new SIM - questions

Hello @Discrace

Welcome back to our Community - yes; I assure you that this is a legitimate text from us as we need to know where to sent your new SIM. I can see that you asked us at the start of the month in regard to a text message we sent asking for your postcode; did you reply to that text with your valid postcode? 

All the information within the text is correct - have you since been able to order your new SIM since this or your previous thread? If you do still require assistance, please do not hesitate to get back in touch so we can help you out. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Discrace
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Katie, thank you so much for getting back to me.

Yes I replied to the text message with my correct post code. I then got a message from them saying that it should be on its way. That was a few weeks ago. I then got another message from them saying that I still have not replied to their message that asked for my postcode and that I should within 30 days, but I already did reply and they still havent sent me my new SIM.

Shall I try this link they provided virginmedia.com/orderasim since it allows me to enter my phone number of my SIM, perhaps using that link would work better for me than the text? 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Don't worry I will send you a private message to get this sorted. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not a problem at all 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos