Menu
tesslily
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Order is parked

I ordered an iPhone 11 this morning and it's due to come tomorrow. After putting in all of my information when ordering they said they'd have to do a few check ups and then send me an email confirming my order. It had been a few hours and I hadn't received a confirmation email so I decided to check up on my order. It said it was parked because of problems processing my order and that the customer service team would be in touch to discuss my order. I waited an hour and no one had contacted me. So, I called the number they gave me and was on hold due to there not being enough staff because of corona virus. While on hold, I did some research on if others have had the same issue and those who have had this issue have waited weeks for their device due to it being parked and ended up cancelling their order. I hung up the call I was on hold with as a result of this information as I thought there was no point. I'm trying calling one more time and am currently on hold - I'll wait longer this time. If there's any help you could give on this issue that'd be great!

0 Kudos
tesslily
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Order is parked

Update: I got through to someone on the phone - a very lovely and helpful woman - and she said she couldn't find a parked order linked to my reference number. She told me to call again in 24 hours to see if anything had changed. All was well, I began waiting. But I checked my order again after just under an hour and it said my order had been cancelled. I am very confused as to why they cancelled my order. I'm trying to call again - this time to try and order the phone over call rather than online and ask why my order was cancelled. Very strange...

0 Kudos
tesslily
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Another update: I probably could have ordered it over the phone but I needed my dad with me as the account is in his name. He wasn't available so I had to hang up. I thought I'd try ordering it again online. However, after confirming that I'd like a new number with my new phone, a screen appears saying 'Sorry, it doesn’t look like we can go ahead with your order'. I'm beyond confused at this point. Have they done something to my account? I'm not trying to blame anyone as I know these employees are working very hard especially in a time like this but I'm just not sure what to do at this point. I think I'll try this order through my dad's account instead.

0 Kudos
tesslily
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Another update: Dads account is doing the same thing. I just don't know

0 Kudos
tesslily
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

To elaborate on my last update: At about 4pm today, I went through the same process of ordering the phone but this time through my dad's account as he is an existing customer so I thought that some of the issues before may have been due to my account not being properly processed by the system yet or something.  After ordering, I checked the status of my order and it immediately said it was parked. It is still parked at this moment in time and I have a feeling it still will be in 24 hours. Whether my order remains parked or gets cancelled again, my plan is to call them mid afternoon tomorrow - unless my order goes ahead as planned. If that doesn't work out, I will try again but rather than ordering online through the website, I'll do it through a call. I've read up on other people's experiences with this and they say to just cut your losses and go to a different provider to get your phone as there's no point wasting your time which I understand completely. Despite how impatient I am, I won't be giving up on this order unless they officially confirm to me that there's no way that I can get it. This is simply because it's a wicked deal that I can't find anywhere else. This type of experience may deter some people from this company, which is understandable, but personally, I don't really care. As much as this is very very frustrating and I would rather go without it, the only thing that matters to me is that I get it at some point.

Upon reflection, my previous order may have been cancelled because when I was on the phone both times today, I failed the security check which was to state the first, third and fifth characters in your password. I tried both the password from my "account" (which I previously stated may not have been processed yet) and my dad's account, since I was unsure which would be correct, but the people on the phone told me they were invalid. This may have made myself look suspicious therefore they cancelled my order, which is fair enough. I'm hoping if I call tomorrow and get asked the same question it'll be fine due to the fact I'm certain it's with my dad's account which has been with this company for a while. Will keep updating 🙂

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi tesdlily, 

Welcome to Virgin Media and thanks for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear of the problems you have been having with your order.  Can you please confirm if you have received any confirmation of the order?

If the order has been successful, you should be notified by email within 24-48 hours. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
tesslily
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

No worries, my order is no longer parked! The order was placed at about midday today and should be arriving tomorrow. A lot of unnecessary hassle but at least it's sorted now 🙂

0 Kudos
tesslily
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Summary: If your order is parked and you're unsure why, my advice is to give it 24 hours as, in my case, in that time they can process your order. After 24 hours of your order being parked, I'd suggest you call them at 0345 600 0789 and they should be able to help.

Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know. 

Please get in touch if you have any further issues. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
patryksliwinski
Tuning in
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

how do you get the parked order sorted ?

0 Kudos