Menu
ee07b326
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Order Virgin Sim from Carphone, cannot switch number

Hi guys I just ordered a new Virgin SIM from Carphone Warehouse but cannot move my old number now. 

I already got the PAC code from my old NW supplier but cannot transfer now as every call I made to the customer care couldn't go through.

I cannot register a Virgin account as it requires the account number, which doesn't apply for me as I order the SIM from Carphone Warehouse.

So what can I do now guys? Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Order Virgin Sim from Carphone, cannot switch number

Registering a mobile account should require an account number. Are you using the correct site? It should be at https://mobile.virginmedia.com
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
ee07b326
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben. Register the Virgin account does require the account number, which is exactly the problem I have. As I said the new virgin mobile SIM card is from Carphone Warehouse, they don't have any Virgin Media account number for me.

The only way to switch the number is by calling Customer Care, but no one picked up the phone. 

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry. I meant for Virgin Mobile it shouldn't. That registration is based on the mobile number currently active on your SIM as far as I know.

It's the cable services that ask for account details when registering an online account.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
ee07b326
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben. Unfortunately for mobile account registration also require the "Account Verification" which includes a security question and I don't have that either.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ee07b326,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delayed response. The security question and answer would be the one that you set up at the point of sale to use as your identity confirmation when you speak to us.  I've also sent you a PM to get your account details so I can help with your number port.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos