Menu
MatthewC69
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Oppo Gift

I recently decided to change from my usual samsung to the Oppo X2 pro with one of the reasons the free B&O H9 headphones after registering the gift with Oppo I got the it may take 28 days to validate with virgin so I sent a scan of the purchase and waited and waited then complained and on the 28th day got the thanks Virgin have validated your claim but it may take 28 days to deliver them that is 2 months, then I get another email saying "Due to the popularity of this promotional activity we have been overwhelmed by demand and have exhausted all stock that Bang & Olufsen hold in the UK " so another delay of maybe 3 weeks I fully expected that Virgin would give the gift at around the same time as getting the phone not months later. I dont know if I should blame Virgin who should take a lot of the blame or Oppo either way it is a terrible way to offer a promotion.  

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oppo Gift

Hello

That offer was direct with Oppo so it would be down to them, if it was down to VM offers can take upto 28 days to arrive after you are out of the 14 day cooling off period.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

MatthewC69
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oppo Gift

Yes I figured the promo might kave been direct with Oppo just think it is a bit of a joke when I bet I could go and buy a pair from B&O today if I wanted and Oppo are just messing about, I know others who have the same phone not with virgin that got the headphones almost immediately. I just figured maybe Virgin could have done something to push it through a bit faster I am at the point of telling Oppo to keep the headphones I knew they where messing when they took exactly the 28 days to say they had waited for Virgin to validate the claim. The phone is actually a pretty good phone great display, but I dont think I would promote it to friends after this debacle.