Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ooomph Sim

This has been an absolute nightmare. I totally regret signing up now.

synopsis- Last Thursday i messaged Live Chat looking to increase my broadband speed. During the course of that chat, i was ultimately offered a very good deal on your Ooomph package which sounded too good to be true. I should have guessed it was. 

I took the Sim deal - big mistake.

My Current provider for mobile is - Virgin.

The new SIM arrived Saturday but i didn't install it - figured wait a bit and do it all together when engineer arrives to install new boxes, router etc for main package. However on Monday i became aware that i could not make or receive phone calls. 

Long story short - I am now 6 calls in trying to fix this. I have been asked to switch the SIM cards over multiple times. I have been put on hold three times for so long that my home phone has run out of charge and thus lost the call. I have been put through twice to a department with a mechanical voice telling me its closed and to try in the morning, but both times, i was transferred so i don't actually know what department or number i was trying. The one time it did all seem to work was last night but when i awoke this morning i got a message i needed to top up my account to make calls. How does a monthly account suddenly become Pay as you go??????

I am now back to where i started with original SIM installed but i cannot receive or make calls anymore. I know possess a smartphone that cannot make phone calls.but i am being charged for.

I now need to call for yet another time to rectify this at a personal cost of god knows how many hours. the main point is i wanted to keep my original phone number but apparently that is very hard as PAC does not work when its same provider. That would be fine if i was just told "sorry cannot be done" but no- lets keep him phoning all day every day. That is funnier for you I am sure.

It is an absolute joke. I am a whisker away from telling you where to shove this service and i have been with you since the start (since it was Blueyonder actually).

All i want is a phone that can actually be used as a phone. I still have access to some features but i am worried it is going through wifi and I will have some horrendous charges when the next bill comes in.

If my tone seems angry - you would be right. I am at my wits end with this. Each and every call I have to repeat everything that is happening and tag a bit on for the previous call. I keep getting told that i can call 789 rather than go through main call center. Or sign up for text help which is quicker. I CAN'T!!!! THE PHONE WILL NOT MAKE CALLS OR TEXTS!!!

This is my last attempt to try and get someone to help and not put me hold until the house phone dies and i go away.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ooomph Sim

Now at a week without the ability to use my mobile phone for texts and calls. No response from anyone here since posted on Tuesday. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi shadowred,

Sorry to see you having so many issues with the mobile sim. Hopefully a member of the Forum Team will pick this up for you.

There is a sticky post in this forum that may be able to help How-to-use-your-Oomph-SIM-with-an-existing-Virgin-Mobile-number  From the bottom of the post, "If you would like us to transfer your existing Virgin Mobile number to your Oomph SIM, please post below and a member of the team will be in touch to help with that."

You could also try to contact the Oomph Team  for them to transfer the numbers across using the method below

Have you tried the online chat messenger system? contactus/make-a-complaint  When that page opens click on the Mobile tab, and on the screen that opens click on the red mobile icon under the message us your issue heading as per the screen shot below.

EDIT - forgot to include screenshot

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, and thank you for your reply.

I did see all that. I phoned 150 on the landline again and i have been told that mistakes were made on my account on the VM side, and I was being told contradictory and wrong information. I still cannot make or receive calls but I am being sent yet another SIM.I will have to wait a few more days yet to see if there is progress.

What is more shocking is that I have been left incapable or making or receiving calls for a week and no-one from VM has really cared. (the last girl I spoke with was by far the most helpful, but as i said- i still have no call or text function- maybe any changes she made will take time to kick in)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

still nothing - no calls or texts - no forum team reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @shadowred,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with your sim and handset and also for the late response to your issue

Are you still having the same issues? If you are, please respond to my private message and we can get this looked into further. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos