Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oomph ultimate sim

If I upgrade to the oomph ultimate bundle with the sim, will it cause problems when I want to upgrade my handset because I don't want to have to pay the full price for a new handset at renewal time 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oomph ultimate sim

Technically not. With Freestyle contracts the phone and airtime are two separate items. The cost of the phone is a actually a loan, so you should be able to do that alone.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what Virgin are doing with the Oomph SIM's and a Freestyle phone?, maybe one of the Forum staff could advise on this.

Normally, you are forced to take a SIM plan out with a Freestyle phone, but the actual SIM plan is on a 30day contract - so you are able to cancel it straight away and just lose the one month's cost of the extra SIM.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Tazrocks.

With the Oomph bundle being a SIM only contract, you would need to go through another credit check to see if you qualify to upgrade this to add a handset contract onto this.

The best way to do so would be to call the team on 789 on your Virgin SIM phone or 0345 600 0789 on any alternative phone.

Thank you, Emily.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily 

I recently upgraded my handset, I was asking for future reference. 

How easy is it to use the oomph sim with my existing number as I have seen several posts where there has been conflicting information given such as you have to port out to a different network then port back in

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just to confirm, would you be wanting to keep the old SIM card or are you querying about porting your current number over to the SIM included in the Oomph bundle and then not keep the previous SIM card? As I believe this can be done as the team will simply upgrade the current SIM onto the Oomph bundle deal.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I will want to keep my current number 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey tazrocks,

You can keep your number and transfer it to the existing oomph sim, please give the team a call on 789 or 0345 600 0789, if you want to do this at anytime.

Regards

Steven_L