Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Oomph sim transfer to VM mobile account

Recently upgraded to  Ultimate Oomph bundle. I have received an Oomph sim.

I have an existing pay monthly VM mobile contract.

Can I transfer the Oomph allocation to my mobile contract.

VM mobile have given different info. Including paying £399 to pay up my existing contract.

VM shop tell me its not possible the Oomph sim is a seperate thing.

I have tried going through Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile and cannot seem to get an answer.

It seems if you have a Virgin mobile account the Oomph sim is not valid.

Can anyone confirm this. I have read other forum posts which suggest it can all be transferred over. But I have no idea who to contact. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oomph sim transfer to VM mobile account

Hi richandjane,

Thank you for reaching out with your query, I'm sorry that you've had difficulty obtaining the relevant information.

Oomph SIMs are processed as part of the bundle itself and are intrinsically linked for billing purposes. If we were to attempt to swap your new SIM to your existing account, it's likely that this would lead to incorrect charges.

However, if you have a Freestyle contract (with two separate payments for the tariff and handset), you could cancel your tariff but continue with the handset loan, using the remaining Oomph SIM in your existing handset. Please bear in mind that we are unable to complete internal number ports, so you would need to port your number to another network then back again if you wished to retain this.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

WOW hang on Rachael that's totally wrong! I had a VM sim and I went from Broadband only to Ultimate bundle and I was just upgraded on my sim side - and my sim shows £0.00 monthly charge due to being in the Bundle. I never got a second sim - sound like someone messed up somewhere 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

So it seems pointless being given an unlimited sim. Other than a convoluted workaround. 

Are Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile completely seperate. If not surely there must be a simpler method.

I think the Oomph package is a bit misleading if you are an existing Virgin Mobile customer.

The guys in the VM shop stated that the comments on the forums, suggesting the Oomph account can replace the Virgin mobile account, are incorrect and should be removed.

Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The oomph account won't replace the Virgin Mobile account - but the allowance is changed on the mobile account to the unlimited tariff and set at zero billing because it's being paid for in the Oomph bundle. That is 110% right, 

There is (oddly enough) also a direct debit set up on the associated bank account but it's never debited I only noticed today when I looked and cancelled it 

But I agree these sending out sims is incorrect because it's putting people into the position where they will owe on the original mobile contract and that's wrong. Hell even when my friend recently got a new handset through VM and had an existing sim he was told he would not have to take a 30 day airtime sim because he had an account already - and the unlimited allowance was re allocated to his account and still set to £0.00 

It's totally messed up in so many ways 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Who do I contact to get the allowance re-set to unlimited. As stated before Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile have been unhelpful. If they talk to each other you would expect the switch to be automatic. It seems ridiculous to keep ringing up and hoping that the person answering is clued up. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi richandjane,

I'm sorry for the confusion caused regarding your Oomph SIM and your existing Virgin Mobile accounts.

I'm going to send you a Private Message asking for some details so I can take a look at your Oomph and Virgin Mobile accounts to get a clear understanding of the set up.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I recently subscribed to the ultimate oomph package. I have been waiting over a month fo my VM mobile to be transferred/changed onto the unlimited oomph pacakage. VM have advised that “they have sent the request” to the relevant department but nothing has happened and I am still paying for my VM mobile.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks 

pjp144

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Lisa at VM, see on this feed, kindly PM'd me took my details and sorted this out for me.

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Great news! I am having a similar situation and hope it will be as successful as your was.
Thanks and regards,
Alexander
0 Kudos