Menu
tong_8_fu
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oomph sim cancellation

Hi. I took out an Oomph TV/Broadband/Home Phone package last year. I also added a 40Gb sim card for an extra £10 a month. Would I be able to cancel just the sim card and keep the TV/BB/HP package? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oomph sim cancellation

Yes, however any available discounts if you're on a discounted package may be lost as possible they're tied to your Oomph offer. I'd recommend keeping the sim and dropping to the 5GB version in the event of an area fault you at least have a temporary unlimited data sim to keep yourself up and running. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
tong_8_fu
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

• Hi Aaron. Thanks for the reply. The TV/BB/HP Oomph was £28 on it's own and the Sim was an extra £10 so in total I pay £38 a month. I know that I'm in an 18 month contract for the TV/BB/HP part of the Oomph Package but is the the Sim card on that too? Or is it on a rolling contract? Thanks
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, tong_8_fu,

All Oomph bundles come with a SIM as part of the bundled pricing. @Aaron2 is correct that changing the bundle would mean losing the discounts associated with that bundle, however you should see a separate charge for the SIM card as that was included into the original bundled pricing.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you added the sim on and there were no discounts for taking it then you won't lose the discounts active in your account, however I unfortunately have no way of checking so you'd best be calling in to 0345 45 1111 and going through options 1,1,4,4, and someone from retentions will be able to take a closer look. 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can also check packages from here, just not able to change them. However if @tong_8_fu is saying that it is an Oomph bundle then the SIM is included in the package that he signed up for and removing it will break then bundle and lose the discounts. Have you had a chance to look at your online account to see if it is an Oomph bundle with the SIM @tong_8_fu?

Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I gathered he added it on as an extra as it was £28 without and an additional £10 for the Sim, it doesn't sound discounted so most likely wouldn't have an impact if he removed it. You'll know more if he messages you though  

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

True. We'll have to wait till he replies, but happy to check.

0 Kudos
tong_8_fu
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys. Thanks for your replies. I have checked the ts & cs on my contract and it states that, "If your Mobile Service forms part of a Oomph bundle, cancelling your Mobile Service will mean that you can no longer receive the extras of a Oomph bundle (e.g. speed boost) and the overall price of your bundle may change." So I guess that i will just have to stick with VM in the near future. 

0 Kudos