Menu
gouryella
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Oomph cancelled March but today received a £9 bill.

Hi,

My broadband package had an Oomph sim but in February I negotiated a new contract and said I don't want the sim anymore. I was told the sim would be cancelled about the 4th March (when the new contract started) and when I received my new contract the Oomph had been removed. All good I thought.

Now today June 4th I receive an email with a bill for £9 for this same number. I phoned up and was first told I should have contacted Virgin Mobile direct to cancel it. I was then told I would be credited £9 as "goodwill"! However while cancelling or deactivating the sim he said the £9 would just be waived and not come out of the direct debit. I was then told it said 59p was owed but that would be waived too and that the sim would deactivate within 24 hours.

I then received an email saying about the cancellation and I would have to serve 30 days notice and that 59p would be on the next bill contradicting what I had been told. Although the sim is still active I tested it and it won't allow any outgoing calls. 

I'm not confident this has been sorted so if anyone can look into this I would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oomph cancelled March but today received a £9 bill.

Hi gouryella,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome back to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you've had some issues with your billing.

I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. I'll just need to confirm some details via Private Message, please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos