Menu
ifu04635
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oomph bundle cancelled. What happend to mobile sim?

Hi

I have cancelled my virgin media oomph bundle due to moving house giving 30 days notice. This included a 15 gb mobile sim. Can you confirm what happens with the mobile sim part of it whether this is cancelled or can be moved on to a sim only plan?

Thanks

Richard

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Oomph bundle cancelled. What happend to mobile sim?

Hello

The SIM will be cancelled as well as it part of the bundle, if you can get it transferred it will then become a chargeable contract, but I do not believe that there is a mobile contract with 15Gb, the nearest plan would be a 20Gb plan at £18 a month.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ifu04635
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. So I phoned up virgin mobile and took out a new sim only plan. They are sending out a new sim card with a new mobile number however I want to keep my existing number. Is this right? Could they not just transfer my number over to the new contract? How do I go about getting my number transferred now?

Thanks

Richard

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That's not right - they should have been able to move your existing SIM and number over to a paid plan.

You shouldn't have been set up with a new SIM and number.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
ifu04635
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming. Will anyone be able to sort out online here? I know Ryan_N previously sorted out transferring my number over to the Oomph bundle or will I have to phone up and try and explain/cancel the new sim coming?

Thanks

Richard

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Richard (@ifu04635)

Welcome back - sorry that there has been some mix up with your mobile account now your Oopmh package is being cancelled. We can certainly take a closer look this end to see what's happened and see if it's possible to move the Oomph SIM over to a pay monthly account. 

This may involved another credit check just to make you aware but we'll ask you first before anything is done.

I'll pop you a Private Message so we can take some details and pass security with you. Please look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Richard (@ifu04635)

Thanks so much for your Private Messages - that should all now be sorted out for you. 

If you need anything further, you know where to find us!

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your Private Messages Richard (@ifu04635)

Glad that we were able to get things sorted out for you with your mobile SIMs and Oomph bundle! If you need anything else clarifying, you know where we are.

Have a good week; stay safe

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team