Menu
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 31 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oomph Unlimited data SIM - Roam Like Home Fair Use Policy

@roughbeast wrote:

I am done here now. I'm ending up repeating myself, so I will now be quiet.

I have spoken directly to the Oomph team, the ones who sold me the Ooomph package. They are 100% certain that my SIM is unlimited in the EU and UK.  This is direct from managers there, regardless of what the paperwork says.

I don't mean this in any personal way but you'd be a fool to go and do the same thing again without anything in writing. 

0 Kudos
roughbeast
Up to speed
Message 32 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Along with the 100s of other punters doing the same as I speak, because the Oomph department told them the same as they told me? 

Update coming. Watch this space.

Services: 500Mb / 35Mb, TV V6 box X2, Phone XL Talk unlimited and mobile x4 Routers = SHub 3 in modem only mode with Asus RT-AC88U
0 Kudos
a_ukboy
Dialled in
Message 33 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so here’s a post that I did from 5th May this year with exactly the same question! I was also told by CS back in May that the EU limit on the V.VIP package was unlimited..

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/EU-data-limit-on-V-VIP/td-p/4001106

I can’t believe 3 months later the answer still isn’t known! 

roughbeast
Up to speed
Message 34 of 60
Flag for a moderator

@a_ukboy wrote:

Ok, so here’s a post that I did from 5th May this year with exactly the same question! I was also told by CS back in May that the EU limit on the V.VIP package was unlimited..

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/EU-data-limit-on-V-VIP/td-p/4001106

Neither can I. Virgin Media is beyond belief.

Incidentally FUP is dead! Long live AUP, (Acceptable Use Policy)

Services: 500Mb / 35Mb, TV V6 box X2, Phone XL Talk unlimited and mobile x4 Routers = SHub 3 in modem only mode with Asus RT-AC88U
0 Kudos
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 35 of 60
Flag for a moderator

@roughbeast wrote:

@a_ukboy wrote:

Neither can I. Virgin Media is beyond belief.

Incidentally FUP is dead! Long live AUP, (Acceptable Use Policy)

It's in the legal terms and conditions of the oomph bundle you took out. It says you need to comply by the roam like home policy which states there is a FUP in place. 

"11. Roaming 1. Our mobile services may be made available to you in countries outside of the UK if we or the partner who provides us with our mobile network have roaming agreements in place. Please check your roaming settings via your account online and ensure that data is turned on via the mobile handset. If you are roaming in the EU, you also need to comply with our roam like home policy. The costs for outside of allowance for EU use and additional services that allow roaming outside of the EU are set out in our tariff table or are available from our team. Overseas network operators may bill us some time after you use the mobile services – sometimes up to three months later, accordingly there may be a delay in when such charges show up on your bill. Please be aware that when you use your phone outside of the EU charges will apply."

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 36 of 60
Flag for a moderator

@a_ukboy wrote:

The answer isn't unknown as such. Roam like home has a policy that you have to abide by, this includes a fair usage policy/limit. Its in the legal terms of the oomph bundle. No literature states that the sim in the ultimate oomph bundle is free from any roaming limits. The only answer that needs answering is if you use £27 or £32 in the FUP calculator to give you the roaming limit you can use. 

It doesn't surprise me that employees of Virgin Media are saying different things, this has happened for years.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 37 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roughbeast 

Thanks for contacting us regarding this. 

If the package was taken at £27.00 at the old price the allowance would be 11.28GB 

If the package was taken at £32.00 at the new price the allowance would be 13.37GB 

Both are subject to fair usage. 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 38 of 60
Flag for a moderator

@Chris_W1 wrote:

Hi Roughbeast 

Thanks for contacting us regarding this. 

If the package was taken at £27.00 at the old price the allowance would be 11.28GB 

If the package was taken at £32.00 at the new price the allowance would be 13.37GB 

Both are subject to fair usage. 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

The confusion over that is you can still add an oomph sim for £27. 

Also the calculations are slightly out. Its 11.60GB for £27 and 13.75GB for £32

0 Kudos
ncrossy1980
Joining in
Message 39 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Can I just point out that some of us are being enrolled into the Oomph SIM plan being advised that there is literally zero chance of - it is impossible to ever incur any charges on this SIM no matter what you do, even years after you've left Virgin. 

So whilst you guys are debating whether you have a secret data limit, I'm being told I can use the SIM card anywhere for as long and as much as I want and never pay anything ever, for life.  I explicitly asked the rep three times to clarify that ludicrous claim, and he was pretty crystal on it, free data and no monthly costs ever for life.  I recorded the conversation too.

I don't know what's more concerning, the fact that I was told this in the first place or that nobody from Virgin has bothered to ask me to provide the audio recording to investigate, because I tell ya this is a massive time bomb waiting to happen for both customers and Virgin when people do begin to get charges for it.

Sorry Virgin, your cable internet service is stellar, but so far you guys appear to be utterly dreadful at everything mobile.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 40 of 60
Flag for a moderator

HI ncrossy1980

That is not correct, the sim is charged by the Media package and if you were to use any allowances which are not included then these would be charged for. If you leave Virgin then the sim would revert to the standard price for the unlimited package.

If you left Virgin you would be no longer eligible for the Oomph package, sorry for the incorrect information which you have been provided with. You would be liable for any charges outside of your allowances. 

The unlimited Oomph includes the following: Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Data, Unlimited Virgin mobile minutes

Kind regards

Chris 

0 Kudos