Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 21 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oomph Unlimited data SIM - Roam Like Home Fair Use Policy

@teabag wrote:

That does sound interesting/good 🙂

Wonder if the other Oomph SIM's are same or not?.  ie: £20 Oomph SIM has 50GB data - use all 50 in EU or just the 8.59GB the fup calculator says?.

Maybe the Oomph "terms and conditions" need changing, as they say use in EU is governed by the Roam Like Home terms  https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/shop/downloads/FMC-terms-and-condi...

Simon at Oomph was clear that those on 50GB, 25GB etc SIMs get to use 80% of their allowance in the EU. I find this interesting, because that puts those spending £32 on unlimited SIMs at a disadvantage if they really are subject to the FUP calculator results. 80% of unlimited is still unlimited isn't it, not the 13.45GB they get according to the calculator? Those who pay £25 for a 50GB SIM get 40GB in the EU. Very confusing!!

Services: 500Mb / 35Mb, TV V6 box X2, Phone XL Talk unlimited and mobile x4 Routers = SHub 3 in modem only mode with Asus RT-AC88U
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 22 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Hi Guys, 

I just wanted to provide some clarity on the subject. 

If you have an unlimited data SIM plan as part of a Oomph bundle then your fair use policy for using data services abroad would be 13.75GB

This is worked out on the cost of a standalone unlimited data SIM which is currently priced at £32.00 per month on our website. 

When using this price and then selecting the 'unlimited data' option on our FUP calculator you end up with 13.75GB. 

I hope you find this information helpful. 

Best, 

Dean C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 23 of 60
Flag for a moderator

@Dean_C

It is all confusing with different advice from various people 🙂

If you are right with that they are subject to the FUP, the Oomph unlimited SIM's are priced at £27 each if you buy them, so I'm not sure your standard £32 unlimited SIM price gives right calculation?

Screenshot_20190820-214658.png

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 24 of 60
Flag for a moderator

I think Virgin Media, from the very top, should take some all responsibility here. It is completely unacceptable that punters like us are left with such uncertainty over an issue that could mean the difference between free EU roaming and a massive bill! Do they want to sell their products or not? 

I have had 100% assurances from the people who should know, i.e. those who sell the Oomph product, that unlimited means unlimited in the UK and EU. The Oomph SIM is unique and not subject to the data restrictions of other SIMs. As I speak that department is reminding the other departments of this fact.  VM needs to get its act together and update all relevant documents and web information pronto!

Services: 500Mb / 35Mb, TV V6 box X2, Phone XL Talk unlimited and mobile x4 Routers = SHub 3 in modem only mode with Asus RT-AC88U
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 25 of 60
Flag for a moderator

@Dean_C wrote:

Hi Guys, 

If you have an unlimited data SIM plan as part of a Oomph bundle then your fair use policy for using data services abroad would be 13.75GB

This is worked out on the cost of a standalone unlimited data SIM which is currently priced at £32.00 per month on our website. 

When using this price and then selecting the 'unlimited data' option on our FUP calculator you end up with 13.75GB. 

Best, 

Dean C

Then why am I paying nothing for using almost 200GB of data during 2 weeks in Greece? There is no comeback or retrospective claw-back on this. The Concerns team and the Oomph team have told me there is nothing to pay and never was and never will be - not even if I go and do exactly the same thing next week.

EDIT..................................................................

This is a dreadful situation, for which I do not blame you for Dean. 

Would it help if you or other members of the forum team spoke directly to the Oomph team in Sheffield and got their view on the Oomph unlimited SIm? I got my assurances from an OP called Simon after he spoke to peers and managers at my request. Simon and his colleagues have been told in their training to tell new Oomph customers that their unlimited SIM is truly unlimited in the UK and EU. No price tag, such as £32 is attached to it because it is uniquely part of the Ooomph deal. Please check with the Oomph team for all our sakes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 26 of 60
Flag for a moderator

@roughbeast wrote:

@Dean_C wrote:

Hi Guys, 

Best, 

Dean C

Then why am I paying nothing for using almost 200GB of data during 2 weeks in Greece? There is no comeback or retrospective claw-back on this. The Concerns team and the Oomph team have told me there is nothing to pay and never was and never will be - not even if I go and do exactly the same thing next week.

EDIT..................................................................

This is a dreadful situation, for which I do not blame you for Dean. 

Would it help if you or other members of the forum team spoke directly to the Oomph team in Sheffield and got their view on the Oomph unlimited SIm? I got my assurances from an OP called Simon after he spoke to peers and managers at my request. Simon and his colleagues have been told in their training to tell new Oomph customers that their unlimited SIM is truly unlimited in the UK and EU. No price tag, such as £32 is attached to it because it is uniquely part of the Ooomph deal. Please check with the Oomph team for all our sakes.

It seems the price tag of £27 IS attached to the unlimited sim as part of the oomph bundles as can be seen above.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 27 of 60
Flag for a moderator

The new price is £32 for the standalone unlimited SIM. This does not apply to the Oomph unlimited SIM. 

See my earlier comments. Having said that, the confusion around this issue is diabolical. Not your fault.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 28 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Hello there roughbeast

I can appreciate that this is confusing and I wanted to clarify some details with other departments.

Customers using an unlimited Oomph SIM will still have a personal pay monthly data usage limit and this can be calculated here .

This limit includes data which is used within the EU.

If you don't mind I'd like to take a look at the mobile bill for the usage in Greece. Would that be OK?

I'll send you a private  message in just a moment.

Many thanks.

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 29 of 60
Flag for a moderator

@roughbeast wrote:

The new price is £32 for the standalone unlimited SIM. This does not apply to the Oomph unlimited SIM. 

See my earlier comments. Having said that, the confusion around this issue is diabolical. Not your fault.

Adding an oomph unlimited sim is priced at £27 according to the VM online shop. £27 or £32, there is still a FUP in place. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 30 of 60
Flag for a moderator

I am done here now. I'm ending up repeating myself, so I will now be quiet.

I have spoken directly to the Oomph team, the ones who sold me the Ooomph package. They are 100% certain that my SIM is unlimited in the EU and UK.  This is direct from managers there, regardless of what the paperwork says.

0 Kudos