Menu
Justice_JC
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Oomph SIM help

Hi,

I got my Oomph sim a couple days ago, I've registered online and inserted the sim to my phone all working fine. I am also able to check the plan via mobile.virginmedia, the plan says Oomph 5GB SIM and mentions on the billing section to view Oomph bundle bill, which brings me to the my.virginmeda page. however I can't seem to see anything relating to Oomph from this page and when I go to the Sim section and select (i) I get You do not currently have an Oomph bundle. If you have a Virgin Mobile, please log in to your Mobile account.

I want to shift my current number from my old provider over to my new virgin sim but before I do I just wanted to confirm I don't have any issues with my account before doing this as I don't want to lose my number.

Reason I ask is because a couple days after receiving my sim, I was on a call to customer service discussing my tv package and they mention about charges which will appear on my account in next bill if I didn't cancel the additional tv packages today., these charges were meant to be covered which thankfully have been sorted now, but at the time she mention this she informed I needed to cancel this tv package in order to avoid charges, she then mention in order to do this she first needed to cancel the order raised for the Oomph sim as only one order can be raised at a time, I was confused why this would be needed to be done, but she informed not to worry she would put in back in touch to the Oomph team who can request this again. I spoke to the Oomph team and they were as confused as me, they couldn't understand why she mentioned cancelling the sim as it is not related. but they said they couldn't see a cancellation on their side, I am hoping that the customer service rep was mistaken and didn't cancel anything but as I can't see any information to support or deny this, I am a little concerned.

Could someone confirm that despite my plan showing as big bundle and not a omph big bundle that the Oomph sim is still valid and active and I am safe to transfer my old phone number across using the pac, my thoughts are that it is a Oomph sim rather than a Oomph bundle package so is valid and explains why it shows that warning but not if that is the case.

I was also thinking maybe it may be that there hasn't been enough time to update on the system and whether I should wait for my first bill, I tried getting in touch with virgin mobile which show it as fine and oomph team confirm but just want to be 100% certain before shifting over my phone number to the new sim.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
SNT
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oomph SIM help

I have recently changed to the ultimate oomph bundle. Am I supposed to receive a mobile sim with my package as I didn’t get one?

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oomph SIM help

Hey @Justice_JC

Welcome back to the community and thanks for your post about your issues with your package transferring to an oomph package. I'm really sorry that we haven't responded sooner to this.

I can see that you have spoken to the mobile team since you last posted have they been able to look into this further for you.

If this still hasn't been resolved to your satisfaction, please let me know and we can look into this further for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos