cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old virgin mobile lobster 485

Richardoverton
Joining in

I've discovered an old clamshell lobster 485 dating from about 2006. So quaint and tiny. The antidote to smartphones today's "bricks"! Battery still charges, but the phone is still locked to virgin mobile ('subsidy password' required). Virgin mobile tried to help, but couldn't retrieve my account from so long ago. I have the IMEI number, but that didn't help them either. Any advice on unlocking please! Thanks for reading... 

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Richardoverton 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I'd be happy to take a look into this with your via a Private Message and see what we can arrange for you. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Bradley86
Joining in

Hi, I have the same problem. Would love to get this we phone working again as it is frustrating not been able to use it. Many thanks 

Hi Bradley86

Thanks for posting in regards to unlocking the Lobster 485 handset, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Given the age of the handset this isn't something we would be able to assist with I'm afraid, we don't retain unlock codes past a certain timeframe. As the handset would no longer be covered by a warranty you may need to take this to a third party to get it unlocked.

Sorry we can't help further.

Rob