Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Old sim

Hi, there’s no signal bar when I turn on my phone. I am not able to make any calls or even top up. 

This is a Pay As You Go sim which I’ve had since 2003 and only stopped using it regularly last summer. 

I would like it reactivated please. 
Or at least get a new sim with the same number.

Thank you.

Fafa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old sim

Hello

As per the terms and cinditions for the Pay as you go, if the SIm isn't used for 90 days by sending a paid text or making a paid phone call it will be deactivated, and you may also loose the number.

See https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/our-service the section under pay as you go Section 3.8 states "3.8 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and cancel this Agreement. If we cancel this Agreement, you may lose your phone number and any unused Top Up credit on your account (see Clause 10.3). We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!"

The other problem you are going to have VM no longer offer Pay As You Go SIMs.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As it is PAYG I'm assuming you have not used it in the last 90 days. If that is the case then sadly you will have lost the number and the SIM disconnected.

Virgin no longer do new PAYG so if that is what you want you need to change network 

From Virgin Terms and Conditions

"As part of our terms and condition's all SIM cards must be used once every 90 days for a text or phone call to ensure the number remains active. You can find our terms and conditions here but I have copied below the parts you'll want to see. 

3.8 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and cancel this Agreement. If we cancel this Agreement, you may lose your phone number and any unused Top Up credit on your account (see Clause 10.3). We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

3.5 No refund: If you don’t use all of the credit in any Top Up that you purchase, or such Top Up expires (if applicable) then we will not give you a refund for it. If this Agreement is cancelled (unless you cancel in accordance with Clause 5.4) then you will also lose any credit you have on your account and we will not refund it to you

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@DJ_Shadow1966 

Beat me to it 

0 Kudos