Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Old SIM won't fit in potential new phone, don't want to change number.

Hi!

I'm posting on behalf on my Dad here. His 1st gen Moto G is on it's last legs and so I've shown him the Samsung A40 as a possible upgrade. He is adamant about not have to change his number or do anything PAC code related, however his old micro SIM won't fit in the the new phone as it takes nano SIM. I don't think his old SIM has the ability to punch out a nano, so I just wanted to clarify;

1. Will we be sent a new SIM when we order the A40?

2. Is it possible to have the SIM arrive with his old number already on it?

3. If not, how quick and painless is a number transfer within Virgin?

We've tried getting through to the customer services several times number with no luck, so anything that allows us to number transfer (if necessary) without having to go that route would be mighty helpful. Cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old SIM won't fit in potential new phone, don't want to change number.

Hi

Is your dad changing mobile providers?

If not, then a new sim should be sent out with the new phone. His number will not change if all he is doing is updating his handset with virgin media. 

If you are still unsure, when ordering, make sure you add a message to request a new sim, but I am sure you will be sent one automatically.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old SIM won't fit in potential new phone, don't want to change number.

Hi!

Thank you for the clarification! No he isn't, he's upgrading his phone while staying on Virgin. It's been a long time since I've needed a SIM replacement so I couldn't remember what the protocol was outside of PAC transferral. Cheers for the timely response!

0 Kudos